Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Eve

It seems like every Christmas has been a little different since Jared and I have gotten married. This year we celebrated with my family the weekend of our church Christmas production. We hosted this year and we had a great time. We watched Christmas Vacation, ate some yummy food, opened presents, did a little shopping, went to the Cafe for breakfast (the highlight for me), and went to our church Christmas production that Jared participated in. Unfortunately I didn't take one picture!

On Christmas Eve and Christmas morning it was just our family of four. On Christmas Eve I made appetizers....little smokies, veggie pizza, sweet potato fries with a dipping sauce, and spinach and artichoke dip. Then we went to our church candle light Christmas Eve service. It was awesome singing worship songs to the One we celebrate at Christmas....my favorite was singing Holy, Holy, Holy. After we came back home, we let the girls open their stockings. It was the first year we did stockings. I think we are going to make that a tradition.





On Christmas morning we got up and ate homemade cinnamon rolls that Jared made. Just a side note....one of the things I love about Jared is that he takes risks in cooking and almost everything he makes turns out great! His mom encouraged both the girls and the boys to help in the kitchen and Jared and all three siblings are great cooks. Anyway....after we ate breakfast we opened Christmas gifts. A few families we know get their kids 3 gifts each for Christmas. I think they got it from the wise men giving Jesus three gifts. One of the families gives a book, a toy, and a clothing item/outfit to each child. We thought we would try that this year. I LOVED it and I think it will become another tradition. I liked the practicality of it: my shopping was focused and the girls weren't overloaded with a bunch of gifts.




That afternoon we went to Jared's parents to celebrate with the Van Cleave side of the family. We ate a delicious ham meal, played games, opened gifts, watched movies, etc. We had a lot of fun together!

Jared learned how to make kettle corn a few months ago and Jared's dad LOVES it. He told us that's what he wanted for Christmas.....so that's what he got! :)
Without knowing, Maranda gave jammies to Lauren as a Christmas gift and I gave Marlee jammies too. The funny thing is that we picked out the same exact ones! :)



Well, there's a little glimpse into our Christmas this year. I know it's a little late...but I guess it's better late than never, right? :) Hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Your family is beautiful! I enjoy reading your updates. love you guys. Angela

Lynette said...

Enjoyed reading many of your recent posts and seeing a bit of your days! Looks like you are having full days with girls that are growing so, so fast!