Thursday, December 3, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
- We attended the first ISU football game of the season. They played great and Brenna loved watching all the people, the band, and the football players. Whenever we go by the stadium now or she sees anything with Cyclones on it, she'll say "Go Cyclones!".
- My family came to visit one weekend in September. We had a great time together. We did our regular things....garage sales, grandma Bohlen's famous cinnamon rolls, church, ate at Wallaby's, watched football, etc.
- We started up our regular ministry groups: connection group (which we host at our home on Tuesday nights), D6 family ministry (once a month at church), Jared started his men's group and I started my weekly women's bible study on Thursday mornings. I am studying Joshua right now and it has been great to be in the Old Testament, since I don't normally study the O.T. on my own. Joshua is such a good example of being strong and courageous in the Lord and also to trust in God's promises, no matter how "out there" they might seem.
- Jared has worked hard....as a real estate agent and also on home improvement projects. He is such a hard worker and I'm so thankful for that.
- We hosted our first tailgate at our house. It was a lot of fun. The highlight for the kids was riding Brenna's Dora Explorer 4 Wheeler :)
- Van Cleave dinner-Jared's family gets together the last Sunday of the month to share a meal together. We rotate homes and this month Jared's sister Anna hosted. We had a great time and Brenna & Easton always love to play together.
- I had jury duty. This really wasn't a highlight, but something I participated in. I was one of the 7 selected for the Story County Grand Juror about 6 months ago.....lucky me! :) Basically our main responsibility is to tour the county facilities once a year to make sure everything looks clean, in order, etc. So last Tuesday I spent all day touring group homes, the county prison, county hospital, and rehab facility for substance abuse. It was interesting, especially the prison, but it ended up being a long day. After the day was over, I was so thankful to the Lord that I grew up in a loving christan home and that he has granted me good health, mentally and physically.
- Brenna is talking a lot! It seems like everyday she is learning new words. She loves to dance, read her Bernstein Bear books, play with her doll house, and "help" mommy cook.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
We didn't take many pictures, but here are few we snapped of the night.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
bouquet of flowers, and kettle corn, listened to live music, and did some people watching. We even caught a few vender's taking a mid-morning snooze. I couldn't stop laughing after we took these pictures. It's the hardest I've laughed in a long time :)
Friday, August 7, 2009
We had prime rib, sauteed chicken w/spinach & mushrooms with a yummy sauce, green beans & carrots and mashed potatoes. Doesn't it look so gourmet? My favorite was the chicken even though I'm a big beef fan :)
Brenna dancing with her grandpa.
Jared's parents cutting a rug!
Brenna enjoying a slow dance with her daddy. So precious!
Myself and Anna (Jared's sister).
Brenna was a trooper during the entire trip. She did great in the car and at the wedding and reception....and we didn't even leave the reception until after 10:30.
She was winding down at this point and I thought she looked so cute!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Brenna and I took a road trip to visit my parents and grandma last Thursday and stayed through Sunday. We had a wonderful time with them. Brenna's favorite part was playing outside with all of the outdoor toys my parents found at garage sales this summer: Little Tykes purple convertible, mower, and trike.
Besides playing outside, we went to the farmers market (which was on the riverfront so Brenna really enjoyed looking at the "waber" and boats)
browsed through an outdoor puppy show,
went to garage sales, and went swimming.
Another highlight for Brenna was receiving and riding her very own Dora Explorer 4 Wheeler! One of my mom's co-workers wanted it out of her garage, so she just gave it to Brenna. How generous!!! Brenna definitely needs assistance, but she caught on pretty good and didn't fall off once (see video below). I think she'll have it down by next summer.
Brenna got to see her uncle Ryan & aunt Dana too since they were in town for Ryan's 10 year class reunion. Brenna loves her uncle Ryan!
We had a great weekend with family, but we were ready to get back home and see our "main man" who was working hard all weekend on house projects.