Monday, June 6, 2011
So why am I blogging about this??? A sponsorship program for the pastors already exists, but additional funds are needed to operate the mission. They asked us to help raise $200 each year to help maintain the general operations of the mission. We have given the first $20.00. I am looking for a few friends to join me. Can you help us reach our goal by giving $10, $15 or more? If so, click on the link below. It's quick and easy. Also, every dollar you give will be matched times three by other donors. What an awesome investment! :) Thanks for your consideration!
Sunday, January 9, 2011
On Christmas Eve and Christmas morning it was just our family of four. On Christmas Eve I made appetizers....little smokies, veggie pizza, sweet potato fries with a dipping sauce, and spinach and artichoke dip. Then we went to our church candle light Christmas Eve service. It was awesome singing worship songs to the One we celebrate at Christmas....my favorite was singing Holy, Holy, Holy. After we came back home, we let the girls open their stockings. It was the first year we did stockings. I think we are going to make that a tradition.
That afternoon we went to Jared's parents to celebrate with the Van Cleave side of the family. We ate a delicious ham meal, played games, opened gifts, watched movies, etc. We had a lot of fun together!
Jared learned how to make kettle corn a few months ago and Jared's dad LOVES it. He told us that's what he wanted for Christmas.....so that's what he got! :)
Without knowing, Maranda gave jammies to Lauren as a Christmas gift and I gave Marlee jammies too. The funny thing is that we picked out the same exact ones! :)
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I made pumpkin cupcakes. Lauren devoured it! She just kept shoving more and more into her mouth! :) I think she thought she was getting away with something and should eat as quickly as possible before it was taken away!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Brenna had a few requests for her birthday: a princess cake that was pink and purple, flowers, and balloons. I handled the flowers and balloons and Jared took care of the cake. He did an awesome job....with help from my sister-in-law, Dana. They baked a four layer strawberry filled cake and then Jared decorated it. Brenna loved her cake and it was mighty tasty too! What do you think? Jared is such a great dad!
After gifts, we attempted a picture with all the kids in it. It turned out pretty good for how many kids there were.
Then the kids played while the adults talked and watched football. The kids were on a sugar high from all the cake and ice cream so it got pretty loud and crazy! Brenna even put on a concert with her new microphone....thanks Ryan & Dana! Below is a little video clip. :) Maybe she has a future in entertainment! (I've tried to download the video 3 times and it hasn't worked, so I will try something different later.)
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- Jared's mom Patty stayed with us for a few days before she had to go back to school. She's works full time at an elementary school in Carlisle as a nurse and secretary. She loves to play with Brenna when she's here. She can sit for hours and play house, color, play with puzzles, etc.
- We had a garage sale. I didn't think it would be worth the hassle, but I'm glad Jared encouraged me to follow through with it. We got rid of a lot of junk and it motivated us to organize our basement.
- Ames flooded in August. Fortunately, we had no water in our basement, but a lot of families had to tear out all of their carpet in their basements because of it.
- We attended the Iowa State Fair with our good friends, the Kruger family.
- My aunt Debra visited my grandma in Burlington for a week, so the girls and I made a road trip down there to spend some with her....along with my parents. Jared stayed home and worked on our deck.
- We went to the Amana's to celebrate Brenna's friend, Brady's, birthday. We stayed at a hotel that has a waterpark. We had so much fun....but we forgot our camera so there are no pics. :(
- That same weekend we attended the first official service of Veritas Church, Cornerstone's new church plant in Iowa City. There were over 200 people there. If anyone lives near, or in, Iowa City you should check. God is already doing awesome things there and I think He will continue to. I'm excited to see the future of this church.
- My mom and dad came to visit for several days because my mom had a one day conference for work in Des Moines. We had a great time together. They watched the girls on Saturday night so Jared and I could walk down and attend the Iowa State football game. It was a great game and the weather was perfect.